Paragliding Day 43

I arrived at FPN ~1620 and was ready to go by 1630 at which point the wind abruptly shut off. I waited ~15 minutes to see if it might return but to no avail. I set up for a forward launch and just as I was about to go Ariel hiked up over the ledge and offered to spot for me. His arrival proved fortuitous as after I inflated he noticed a twig entangling a brake and rear line that could have been unpleasant and was adequate cause for me to abort. After he plucked it out I set up to go again and had a short but pleasant and uneventful flight.

As I drove up the mountain back to my house the moon treated me to quite a show.

Leave a Reply